Wednesday, January 23, 2008

birthday party

Another birthday, this time my nephew A turned 4...we drove about 600 miles (round trip) to see my brother and his family - fun times! The biggest gift was an electric car which all the kids (4) piled into, really funny to watch them. It was great to see everyone, and I think we have finally decided on our vacation gathering place (close to us this year) after arduous discussion. But we have yet to hear from the homeowner - this is one of those homes you rent for a week. Looks great though, right on the lake, with a dock and sleeps 15. NOT in town, which is also good. Really hope it works out.

Gave blood on Monday, felt very virtuous. It is my one unselfish thing I do (except I do get a guilt free cookie after). But then Tuesday I was really wiped; don't know if it was the blood letting or something else. I went to the gym and did the big workout (60 min cardio and 30 abs), she nearly killed me. I think today I will just do my weights at home. I am sad the old treadmill has finally died, but I think it was at least 25 years old. Looking for a newer one, hate to pay full price for something like that so I'm scouring CraigsList. Now is not the best time as everyone is trying to keep resolutions, but I'm sure something will come up soon.

It is really cold here (3F now) but it should be warming up soon. That will be great - hate when it is this cold. Finally took down the Christmas tree, but our lights are still up. Suppose we should get those down by the weekend if possible. Seems like such a waste to put them all up, and now rip them down. I guess that is my mom in me - she is a big "light" fan - even has light sweatshirts! But I also hate when people leave them up forever, so down they come.

No comments: