Monday, June 23, 2008

Vacation!

A lot has happened since I blogged! Went to Seattle on Fathers Day, just me and D. Of course we get a flat in the middle of nowhere, but I'm proud to report that I was able to change it myself (with 4 calls to Jim's Tech Support). A kind man tightened the lug nuts as I was practically done when he stopped, but I felt safer knowing a man tightened them. Got to my folks that night, and my flight to Wyoming was the next day. My poor mom still had 2 days of school (and then endless packing as she retired), so dad took me and D to the airport. They hung around until I cleared security, and then I think they went to get new tires for my car! Yay. Something we'd been meaning to do...

FAB time in WY, C is the best hostess ever. We kayaked twice, on Jackson lake and Jenny lake. I have some pics I may share if I get around to it. We cooked (very loose use of the word "we") every night, pasta is much better with homemade stuff instead of Prego. I think we had Pasta Carbanara one night and something else I can't remember the name of. I remind her to send recipes (this is it, please send recipes).

Returned to Seattle Friday to find an insane pickup of my nephew occurring. My poor parents are the dumping ground for their grandchildren, it appears - but hopefully they don't find it too horrible. Anyway, we hung out for about 4 hours, partly with my other brother and his family waiting. It was fun to see them as I hadn't expected a visit would work out. The next day we drove back to Spokane, no excitement beyond a heart attack at the gas pump (which happens all the time).

Then the big rehearsal (see other blog if you care) and today, I started VBS!! That's vacation bible school. I was coerced. D protested mightily, but once he was there he had a great time. I also got my wires crossed with the neighbor and left her 15 year old son at our house waiting for me to pick him up! So I went home to get him, neatly missing the boring staff meeting. Yay. Actually worked out better than I had expected, not as scary this year since I've done it before.

No comments: