Tuesday, October 2, 2007

grampa!

This has already been a busy week as my dad is here! He is supposedly going to do everything on my "list" that Jim never has time for - already we have decided to focus on one thing. The kitchen floor is actually nearly done! And the dishwasher (NEW NEW NEW) was being plumbed in when I decided to come hide in the basement. I love my office space.

If we get time, we will get molding for the floor edges although I don't think we can get them painted and in before my dad goes home Friday. But progress is being made. And I am inspired to work on Ds room, get the antique double bed out and put in the bunk and desk set uncle Gene and aunt Alex gave us. Also I have a bookshelf and I want to get another rod (lower) for the closet. I may leave the rocking chair in there as it is nice for bedtime stories, and if there is room I might keep the art table (our old kitchen table) because he loves it. It would make a great fort too, with blankets over the edges.

The other thing I was hoping to get to (which I don't think we can) is the ancient couch in the basement (goodwill or dump)- move nasty upstairs couch down to basement, buy lovely NEW couch for upstairs. But it will happen sometime soon. For now I will go gaze upon my delightful fake wood floors.

No comments: