Friday, February 29, 2008

Going to the ball!

Wahoo - tonight is the first Black and White ball, I guess I am hopeful that it will be a big success (even though some of the arrangements are just awful!) If people are really dancing, the arrangements won't be so big of a deal. I understand we have sold enough tickets to break even, which is great for our first year. In case I didn't mention it, this is a benefit for the Coeur d'Alene Symphony.

Tomorrow I fly to Boise, leaving at (to me anyway) the crack of dawn 6am. Actually dawn won't have cracked by then here. I am so excited to see my friends from 15 (eeek!!!) years ago, I will be playing with Darkwood, a group that I was an original member of. Looks like we are just doing some pre-packaged arrangments of classical dances, but I guess they have dancers too. This group is unusual, the core members are a bass clarinet and a viola, but they add to the group as they like - I think it will be flute and oboe and possibly bassoon with the core this weekend. Anyway, if you're in Boise, come see us on Sunday at 2!

No comments: