Sunday, May 25, 2008

school

I have signed up for an online beginning grant-writing class. Mostly for my own interest, I keep being in these groups that need grants and I want to understand them better. And who knows, maybe I could bring in some big money to the symphony or the library, or some other worthy cause...

So our assignment this week is to do all the paperwork one would do on background of a prospective funder. THere is a lot. And it's a holiday weekend so I feel entitled! But I'm really trying to stay "up" on the assignments even though we have a 2 week period to turn them in. It is kind of fun to be studying again.

We had a BBQ yesterday with the mica peakers (neighbors) TOO much food, but very fun. Today another BBQ with other friends and Monday another...we are party animals. Oh well. Then Friday is the big surprise party, I STILL don't know if I'm driving solo or if Jim is coming, w or w/o D, he would have to miss school, but that's not that big of a deal. Then that Sunday they are having the music picnic, I feel like I should try to go to that for political reasons - and Jim's dress rehearsal Sunday night I need to go to as I have a rehearsal during his concert on Monday! Argh. And Wed we go to the Botany lab for a field trip. Fun.

No comments: