Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Poor baby

This was the weekend of everyone on my side of the family (15 people!) coming to celebrate D's Bday (belated). Fun fun fun. We went to the Childrens Museum on Saturday - great experience I will definately repeat. It was pouring rain so we couldn't do some of the fun stuff we had considered, but the kids had a good time just playing.

On Sunday the final group of people came just about the time I finished conducting the bell choir at church. I had to make a presentation at the worship committee after church, but fortunately everyone just made themselves at home and fixed lunch while I was gone. Yay! I got to come home and eat a prepared meal! My good friend drove 90 miles (each way) to come to the party, and we had presents and cake. Then we watched Narnia on the big screen -- Daddy's pride and joy. Most of the crew left that night, but brother C and clan stayed and we went on a fun hike on our property the next morning (rain had subsided). I think things went remarkably well, and I guess we'll be driving over to see them again next week for Thanksgiving (300 miles, but so nice to have everyone within driving distance!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the B-day weekend went off pretty well. I do not know how you do it all. Give everyone my love.

P