Sunday, December 16, 2007

Anniversary

Wow, this is our 7th anniversary! And we are even still happy! At least I am. And I think Jim is as long as I don't talk about selling his precious baby cars. I just wish I could park somewhere in the 8 car garage (which is full).

Last night was our "wicked wodka" party - I think this was the 20th anniversary! Of course I have only been to 7 of them - but I think this was the funnest yet. Lots of people came, and Jim deepfried TWO turkeys. Apparently the 2nd one was a mistake, he was trying to do too much and it fell into the vat of boiling oil. But there was plenty of food, and various drinks...lots of different vodkas. I decided to try making Oprah's Favorite Pomegranite Martinis, and they turned out great! I also tried about 1/2 shot of double chocolate vodka - kinda weird tasting. That is all I had, but then we got out all the instruments. We have several trumpets, a piccolo trumpet, lots of penny whistles and fluty things, a clarinet, a french horn, various fake decorative horns that make noise (no valves) and a keyboard. Those are the things I let anyone play. Then friends had brought at sousaphone, an accordian and a serpent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_%28instrument%29
Fun fun fun, I will post pics of me playing the serpent later. It is great to play because you can actually play any pitch with any fingering (well, almost).

D was great with lots of kids to play with. They mostly just hung out in a large clump in the basement, with the bigger ones gabbing and littler ones building train tracks. A grand success all around, although it would be nice if the christmas elves came and cleaned everything up.

Today I had to get up early to play in church (see other blog) and tonight I have Messiah, but we went out for lunch with our neighbors after church. No better way to celebrate our anniversary.

No comments: