Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Feeling a bit maudlin tonight, as I think back over this year - not a bad year, but not anything particularly great. I guess I'm having my midlife crisis or something. Anyway, I thought I would recap, just for myself...
January - nothing much, symphony concert with Fountains of Rome awesome oboe solo
February - quintet recital, my first faculty recital at NIC (Mozart, new gold jacket!), chamber concert Quiet City
March - Carousel with the big boys ($$$), Yakima for birthday parties, band concert, univ orch concert, symphony concert
April - Mozart concerto, quintet gig (last one), univ orchestra concert
May - symphony concert, opera (Hansel and Gretel), univ wind symph concert, student oboe recital
June - Seattle for christening, summer pops concert, band concert,P visits, to Tetons for C
July - two weeks of Sondheim musical "Putting it Together", Fireworks concert, bassoonist gets married, Jim's birthday
August - more summer pops, Onalaska, Long Beach, Cannon Beach, C visits
September - school starts!, opera Madama Butterfly, Grampa comes to put in floor
October - Grampa C visits, symphony concert, univ orch concert, D turns 6, Halloween (guard)
November - cousins come for late b-day party, to Gramas for T-day
December - symphony concert, univ orch concert, band concert, big bell thing (Wizards of Winter), Messiah, Wicked Wodka party, Grama and Grampa H come for Christmas

Seems like a lot of my life revolves around what I'm playing...Listening to the New Year's Eve concert on PBS of Swan Lake - big oboe piece, hopefully we are doing it next year!

No comments: