Friday, December 14, 2007

Par-tay!!!

Tomorrow is the Wicked Wodka party, sort of a hybrid of something Jim started back in the day (20 years ago??!!!!) and now it is more of a calm thing, but don't stay too late. At some point (after the vodka) all the instruments (not the oboes of course) come out and a horrible noise is made, mostly by people who have never played before except at this party. Then they call the people who didn't show up and make noise. It is kind of funny, but maybe this year we can do something real? I have lots of actual musicians coming and easy carol books in every key!

But more to the point, I am cleaning! Those of you who know realize this is a huge undertaking. Jim has actually shut the roll=top desk (miracle) and the counters in the kitchen are mostly bare. Most of our friends haven't seen the kitchen with its new floor etc, and the new furniture downstairs. We won't be having the big screen tv out, but I'm sure he will show it to all the guys.

Other issue is the snow. We are supposed to get dumped on tonight, and I am worried about people getting here. I'm also worried about ME getting out and home for my rehearsal tomorrow! Getting down isn't so bad (although I've seen people go right off the mountain) but I will be taking my tall Sorrels just in case I have to walk back. That would be a big pain. And I doubt anyone would want to hike .6 mile straight up to come to our party. Will try not to stress about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with Wicked Wodka. I hope you got everything done. I will try to call again tomorrow.