Monday, March 31, 2008

This is Ds spring break. I'm not really into the whole thing anymore...we were going to Walla Walla for a visit/wood pick up but my poor uncle had emergency appendectomy, which had complications resulting in another surgery, needless to say not a good time to go.

Also it snowed so much here we can't get out of the driveway (very well, actually it is possible). But I am REALLY unmotivated! Our taxes from 06 are STILL not done, we are discussing whether to use my "business" expenses or not. I guess last year when Js CPA auntie bailed us out, she did use my mileage and some expenses. But this year J refuses to call her (or anyone else) to assist us. He thinks his time is best spent learning to become a CPA himself, I guess. So he now is making me insane with endless questions about taxes. You'd think he would figure out that having SOMEONE ELSE be the focus of my wrath would be good for him...but no.

Anyway, I suppose we will eventually figure it all out (we're down from a $20000 bill to $200) and then we can *start* on the 07 taxes! Yay. I can't believe we don't just pay someone to deal with all this. What a nightmare.

And now D has refused to help with his chores, so I told him he couldn't do any of the fun stuff we planned for the week. (IMAX, library, museum) Of course this is a WAY worse punishment for me than him! But I can't just let him sit around while I do all the work. I suppose there was a good way to handle this, but I didn't figure it out. Must find rock to crawl under - hope to survive week of bored child at home and grumpy husband doing taxes.

No comments: