Wednesday, April 2, 2008

humpday!

I'm better! Funny how you can get really down, but then without anything changing (besides time) things look up. We renegotiated Ds spring break chores, he did clean his room and has been helping around the house; so we went to the library Monday. Yesterday we went to the music store (only game in town, sad little place about an hour away) to get a "Wicked" piano book for our neighbor who is turning 15, then we stopped at Costco (the wonder store:as in "I wonder why I spend so much here")

Big news is I bought a treadmill! Mine died right at Christmastime, and we've been looking for months now for a used one. Almost everything on Craigslist has been nasty cheap ones, and the asking prices are more than paying for new ones! Do people not check this out? Anyway, "they" say in the summer you find lots of treadmills but we are looking at the wrong time of year. Too bad. I got tired of waiting! So I will quit the gym (which is too far away and I haven't been going anyway) and Weight Watchers (since I feel like I'm all alone doing it) and that will pay for it in a few months.

I was mightily tempted by the kayaks. They have kayaks at Costco right now for $375, including car mounts and paddle. They are Pelican brand which I have never heard of. What we really want are Pongos, but those seem to be expensive (which is why we like them). Also been looking for those on Craigslist for months, and nothing has come up - and the few that do are very expensive. My friend C has kayaks at her cabin near Yellowstone, and we usually go every year. D fits into the cargo hold (hopefully for one more year). The first year we tried a double, and it was terrible (for us). But we might consider that with Daniel.

No comments: