Saturday, April 26, 2008

Beading

I had my first "commission" as a beader yesterday! I had made my neighbor a barrette, and she called yesterday morning and wanted a barrette for her 16 year old daughter to wear to the "prom" (actually a dinner thing, I guess that is what they do at Christian schools) that night! It needed to match her outfit, so they came by (my messy house). But it was lovely to see them, we had coffee and chatted for a bit while H (daughter) picked out beads she liked from my small horde.

After they left I got right on it - took me about 2 hours to finish (just in time!) I don't think they realize that it takes me that long, but she did offer to babysit for us! Good trade, and it was fun. I hope she liked it - I do the "jumble of random beads" look, with one biggish one in the middle. I thought it came out quite nice, totally forgot to take a picture.

In other news it is sunny!!! J is welding and de-rusting the boat trailer. Apparently this will take at least a month, before the boat can go anywhere. Odd that it went to the detail shop last year just fine. Whatever. J has definate ideas about the boat. I don't care as long as it is going by Memorial Day! I believe it will be close.

Our baby plants (for garden) get to go outside today, but just for the day. Still freezing at night. K is in the big city for the chorale performance (last night) but they decided to stay in the fancy hotel an extra night. So we are meeting this afternoon for pedis then dinner in the Safari Room - boys will join us for that. Supposed to be amazing.

No comments: